Digital Archive Database Tool, DADT
Division, Computing Center, Academia Sinica
Worling System: Linux
Language Interface: Tranditional Chinses
Web Application Server: Apache
Program Langauge: PHP、SQL、Java Script
Database Management System: MySQL
User's Authorization: Not open to the public. Please contact
and Development of Technology Division of NDAP for technical assistance
upon request. (Limited to Digital Archive Program)
Digital archive database tool (DADT) is a tool for making sophisticated
database application systems on the Web. DADT is a highly schema-driven
tool. As long as the database schema is decided, users may follow some
simple rules to design Web pages according to the schema, and obtain the
support of DADT. Four kinds of Web pages are supported: Management, Query,
List and Report. and DADT is also offered with fixed programs to be connect
with DBMS and web interfaces. Except for the stricker restrictions for
managing web pages, users can design the looks of the web pages and content
in a flexible way.
- The construction of Database: providing users with
database schema to describe the overall structure of the information
in a conceptual way. As long as the database schema is decided, users
may follow some simple rules to design Web pages according to the schema,
and obtain the support of DADT.
- Data Field: offering multi-valued fields, passive/active
hierarchical form setting functions and multi-layer conversion programs.
- Data Cateloging: offering basic functions, such as
adding, updating, deleting, and searching the archival data.
- Indexing: Managing and searching web pages can be
done by means of inserting words. Each element in the web page connected
with databases can be set with indexing conditions and uses operational
symbol to set searching conditions.
- Browsing: the searching results can be listed accordingly.
Users are privileged to choose the content to be shown in certain formet.
- Reporting：Access the record according to database
schema, and present their hierarchical relationship by array tree.
- Access Right Management: can log in a certain personal
computer with passwords to manage the web page in order to assure the
security of the information.
- Others：Support page-by-page browsing, video web pages, label searching, converting to Unicode or image files.
Division, Computing Center, Academia Sinica--DORE
- "Digital Archive Database Tools" is in
the introduction of 2002 and 2003 Annual Exhibition of National Digital
1. The Digital Archives of Formosan Aborigines (Institute
of Ethnology, Academia Sinica)
Bibliography Database http://db1.sinica.edu.tw/%7Ejenny/native/index.html
Records of Personal Names http://db1.sinica.edu.tw/%7Etextdb/test/people/people.php
2. Language Archive－The
Formosan Language Digital Archives (Institute of Linguistics)
3. The Digital Archives of the Diplomatic and Economic
Records in Modern History (Institute of Modern History)－Data
Managing System http://archwebs.mh.sinica.edu.tw/digital/
4. Digital Archives Projects of Rubbings and Archaic Texts:
Bronze Rubbings(Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica) http://rub.ihp.sinica.edu.tw/~bronze/
Archives Projects of Rubbings and Archaic Texts: Buddhist Rubbings
(Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica) http://rub.ihp.sinica.edu.tw/~buddhism/
6. The Grand Secretariat Archives(Institute of History
and Philology, Academia Sinica)
7. Grand Secretariat Archives Project—Authority Records
of Personal Names（with WebGIS）(Institute
of History and Philology, Academia Sinica)
Archives of Historical and Cultural Relics Collected in the Institute
of History and Philology—Rare Books of Fu Ssu-Nien Library—Authority Records
of Personal Names（(Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica)
Archives of Indigenous Plants of Taiwan (Institute of Botany, Academia
Archives Project of Chinese Antiquities at the National Palace Museum
Archives of Government Documents and Presidential Records in the Academia
- Archives of the National Government
- Records of President Chiang Kai-shek
- Archives of the National Resources Commission
- Authority Records of Personal Names for Digital Archives
of Government Documents and Presidential Records in Academia Historica
Japanese Ruling and Postwar Archives Project (Taiwan Historica)
- Digital Project of Taiwan Soutokufu Archives
- Digital Project of Taiwan Soutokufu Senbaikyoku Archives
- Digital Project of Taiwan Provincial Governor Office
- Name Authority Control of Japanese Ruling Period
- Agency Authority Control System in Taiwan Provincial
of Taiwan Visual Image (Taipei National University of the Arts/ Institute
of Taiwan History Academia Sinica)
Thematic Group—Taiwan Biodiversity National Information Network