Developer: Digital Museum Project－The Implementation for
Resources Organization and Searching Specification in Digital Museums
for Resources Organization and Searching Specification in Digital Museums,
Working System: Windows 98/NT
Language Interface: Traditional Chinese
Program Language: ASP、Depohi5.0
Database Management System: Oracle；MySQL
Authorization: Free of Charge
is a XML/Metadata management system developed by ROSS under the project
of Digital Museum by National Science Council. It uses DTD to set up database,
edit metadata and authority files, search, import/export XML documents.
- Loading DTD, establishing databases and creating
- Defining the Schema in the database: define the setting of fields for data format, input length, special processing converting , related authority entries and type indexing.
- Metadata Cataloging Function: able to add, revise
and delete a record. It can also copy, delete, add codes and authority
control, and link to multimedia files.
- The Management and Description of Digital Information:
able to record a single or a batch of multimedia files.
- Searching function: offer advanced or basic search,
homonym and Boolean logic.
- Import/Export XML record.
- Users' authorization control
- Message Management: able to revise the content of
the message shown.
- Web searching function.
Chen, Chao-chen., Chen, Hsueh-hua &
(2001). XML/Metadata Management Systems in Digital Libraries and Museums-The Design of Metalogy (In Chinese). XML/Metadata Management Systems in Digital Libraries and Museums (In Chinese) (24-33). Taipei: Editor.
- National Central Library Digital Archive Program
- Digital Taiwan-related Archives Project
Digital Museum Project of National Science Council--The
Beauty of Chinese Artifact Collected in the National Palace Museum (2000)